Code of Conduct
- To promote a pleasant and sociable atmosphere which all members can enjoy and to act in a responsible, sensitive and respectful manner towards others.
- To welcome and introduce yourself to all New and Prospective Members.
- To ensure that no-one is neglected at parties or other events.
- To protect and enhance the reputation of the club as much as possible, both at club events and in contact with outside bodies.
- To participate actively and regularly in C&DSSC events and to be responsible for the reasonable behavior of guests brought to club events, for any guest charges for the evening and for their introduction to other members.
- To pay any money due on time
- To refrain from promoting business interests at club events, or otherwise attempting to exploit fellow members.
- To respect the confidentiality of other members’ personal information such as telephone numbers that might be disclosed to them at any time.
- To respect the sensibilities of other members as regards smoking, language etc and to be supportive and helpful to other C&DSSC Members who are distressed, ill or in need.
- Not to harass, intimidate or cause any kind of physical or mental distress to other members.
- To abide by such conditions of membership which the committee may deem necessary to put into effect from time to time, whilst being free to challenge any of the conditions and where there is any conflict with this constitution or in any case of six or more paid up voting members calling for an Extraordinary General Meeting to put the matter to a vote.
- To be committed to the principle that all club activities are equally available to all members and to actively support a policy of equal opportunities within the club, opposing all forms of discrimination.
The Club membership is open to single people on application and approval.